Cambodia and Vietnam Explorer
15 days | Guided | From £1,395
Cambodia and Vietnam are arguably South East Asia's most flamboyant, exciting and exotic destinations. In order to be able to see so much in a short space of time, this trip uses internal flights where immense travel distances are involved instead of long journeys overland.
15 days | Guided | From £1,395
South East Asia's most flamboyant destinations by land and air
- Visit the temple of Angkor Wat
- Cruise on Ha Long Bay
- Explore world heritage Hoi An
- Visit the Killing Fields
- Take internal flights to see all the sights without big overland travel
Cambodia and Vietnam are arguably South East Asia's most flamboyant, exciting and exotic destinations. In order to be able to see so much in a short space of time, this trip uses internal flights where immense travel distances are involved instead of long journeys overland. Of course the trip also involves overland travel too, but is ideal for those who want to experience Cambodia and Vietnam including all the major highlights, but for whom extensive overland travel doesn't appeal or time is an inhibiting factor.
The trip gets straight in there with a full day guided tour of the amazing Angkor Temples complex including Elephant Terrace, South Gate of Angkor Thom, Bayon, Phimeanakas, Ta Prohm, Terrace of the Leper King, the Royal Enclosure and of course fabulous Angkor Wat. Next we visit Banteay Sri and take a boat cruise on Tonle Sap Lake. The following day we fly to Phnom Penh to take in the Royal Palace, Tuol Sleng Prison and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek. Now we fly to Vietnam and to Saigon to explore Viet Cong Tunnels at Cu Chi, as well as Saigon itself.
A short flight then takes us to what was at one time the world's busiest airport, Danang from where we then drive the short distance to beautiful Hoi An on the coast. Here we explore Hoi An Old Town with free time afterwards to enjoy the beach here. Another flight then takes us north and to Hanoi where we explore with our guide one of South East Asia's most graceful and charming cities. Next is stunning Ha Long Bay where we board a junk to enjoy the delights of an overnight cruise around the spectacular islands rising like dragon's teeth from the sea. We return to Hanoi for a final night to complete our Cambodia and Vietnam exploration.
- Day 1 Depart UK
- Depart UK on an overnight flight to Siem Reap.
- Day 2 Arrive Siem Reap
- Arrive Siem Reap. Rendezvous at group hotel in time for 1800hrs pre-trek meeting
- Day 3 Angkor Wat
- No messing around, we wheel out the 'big gun' of Cambodia straight away and spend today exploring the incredible Angkor Temples complex.
- Day 4 Banteay Srei and Tonle Sap Lake Cruise
- From Siem Reap we have a day excursion to first visit the intricate stone carving at Banteay Srei Temple and in the afternoon enjoy a boat cruise on Tonle Sap Lake. Here's there's a floating Vietnamese community here as well as a floating petrol station.
- Day 5 Fly to Phnom Penh
- A short flight to the capital of Cambodia, Phnom Penh. Tonight we recommend you take a tuk tuk to the Foreign Correspondents Club and enjoy a sunset drink overlooking the confluence of the Mekong and Tonle Sap rivers.
- Day 6 Phnom Penh and the Killing Fields
- On our tour of Phnom Penh we visit the Royal Palace, as well as Tuol Sleng Prison and then head out to see the notorious Killing Fields.
- Day 7 Fly to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Leaving Cambodia behind we fly to Vietnam and to the capital, Saigon.
- Day 8 Saigon and Cu Chi Tunnels
- Today we shall visit the Viet Cong Cu Chi Tunnels and take a crawl around some sections. We'll also enjoy a fascinating tour of Saigon including a visit to the Reunification Palace.
- Day 9 Hoi An
- We take the short flight to Danang and then it's a brief drive to beautiful Hoi An, Vietnams premier coastal resort.
- Day 10 Hoi An
- A morning walking tour of old Hoi An reveals charms such as the Ancient House and the Japanese Covered Bridge. The afternoon is free to relax, or maybe rent a bicycle and explore the surrounding countryside, or take a boat trip on the Tu Bon River.
- Day 11 Hanoi
- Flying to Hanoi we then explore this fascinating city and visit the likes of the One Pillar Pagoda and the 'Hanoi Hilton'.
- Day 12 Ha Long Bay Junk Cruise
- We travel to Ha Long Port and board our junk to cruise the waters of stunning Ha Long Bay overnighting on board our junk.
- Day 13 Hanoi
- Cruising back to port we travel to Hanoi for our final night on this fascinating adventure.
- Day 13 Depart Hanoi
- Depart Hanoi on an overnight flight back to the UK
- Day 14 Arrive UK
- Flights arrive back in the UK today.