Cambodia and Vietnam Explorer
13 days | Guided | From £1,299
Cambodia and Vietnam are arguably South East Asia's most flamboyant, exciting and exotic destinations. This trip takes you on a fantastic journey seeing the highlights of both countries starting with one of the greatest temple complexes in the world; Angkor Wat. An interesting journey overland into Vietnam and then to the north, finishing with the stunning Halong Bay.
13 days | Guided | From £1,299
South East Asia's most flamboyant destinations by land and air
- Visit the Angkor Wat temple complex
- Cruise Halong Bay
- Explore world heritage beachside town Hoi An
- Travel overland from Cambodia into Vietnam
- Feel the buzz of Ho Chi Minh City
This trip gets straight in there with a full day guided tour of the amazing Angkor Temples complex. Next we visit Banteay Sri and take a boat cruise on Tonle Sap Lake. The following day we fly to Phnom Penh to take in the Royal Palace and Tuol Sleng museum. The next leg of our journey takes us into Vietnam as we take a boat to Chau Doc in the Mekong Delta area. Spend two days exploring the thrilling Ho Chi Minh City.
A short flight then takes us to what was at one time the world's busiest airport, Danang. From where we then drive the short distance to beautiful Hoi An on the coast. Here we explore Hoi An Old Town with free time afterwards to enjoy the beach here. The final leg of our journey is taken on an overnight train as we head north to Hanoi, one of South East Asia's most graceful and charming cities. Lastly, is the stunning Halong Bay where we board a junk boat to enjoy the delights of an overnight cruise around the spectacular islands rising like dragon's teeth from the sea. We return to Hanoi for a final night to complete our all-encompassing exploration of Cambodia and Vietnam.
- Day 1 Depart UK
- Depart UK on an overnight flight to Siem Reap.
- Day 2 Arrive Siem Reap
- Arrive Siem Reap. Rendezvous at group hotel in time for a pre-trip meeting in the evening.
- Day 3 Angkor Wat
- Early on into your adventure, we have a fantastic highlight as we spend today exploring the incredible Angkor Temples complex.
- Day 4 Banteay Srei and floating village
- From Siem Reap we have a day excursion to first visit the intricate stone carving at Banteay Srei Temple and in the afternoon enjoy visiting the floating villages.
- Day 5 Fly to Phnom Penh
- A short flight to the capital of Cambodia, Phnom Penh. This afternoon visit the Royal Palace and Tuol Sleng museum. Tonight we recommend you take a tuk tuk to the Foreign Correspondents Club and enjoy a sunset drink overlooking the confluence of the Mekong and Tonle Sap rivers.
- Day 6 Into Vietnam
- An interesting journey today as we take a boat to Chau Doc, in the Mekong Delta area of Vietnam.
- Day 7 Arrive in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Visit a nature reserve before continuing to Saigon.
- Day 8 Saigon and Cu Chi Tunnels
- Today we shall visit the Viet Cong Cu Chi Tunnels and take a crawl around some sections. We'll also enjoy a fascinating tour of Saigon including a visit to the Reunification Palace.
- Day 9 Hoi An
- We take the short flight to Danang and then it's a brief drive to beautiful Hoi An, Vietnams premier coastal resort.
- Day 10 Hoi An
- A morning walking tour of old Hoi An reveals charms such as the Ancient House and the Japanese Covered Bridge. The afternoon is free to relax, or maybe rent a bicycle and explore the surrounding countryside, or take a boat trip on the Tu Bon River. This evening, a great experience awaits you with the overnight train to Hanoi.
- Day 11 Hanoi
- Arrive in Hanoi early in the morning. Spend today exploring this fascinating city and visit the likes of the One Pillar Pagoda and the 'Hanoi Hilton'.
- Day 12 Halong Bay Junk Cruise
- We travel to Halong Port and board our junk boat to cruise the waters of stunning Halong Bay overnighting on board our junk.
- Day 13 Hanoi
- Cruising back to port we travel to Hanoi for our final night on this fascinating adventure.
- Day 14 Depart Hanoi
- Depart Hanoi on an overnight flight back to the UK
- Day 15 Arrive UK
- Flights arrive back in the UK today.
- 'At a Glance' trip features : Overland travel, culture, boat travel, overnight train
- Trip Code: ACVE
- Physical Grade: A/B - Easy/ Moderate
- Adventure Grade: B
- Group Size (Min - Max) : 4 - 16
- Accommodation : Hotel x7, guesthouse x3, Boat x1, Overnight train x1
- Meals : 12 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 evening meal incl
- Overseas joining point : Group hotel in Siem Reap