11 days | Guided | From £1,399
Tropical Costa Rica just about has it all; volcanoes, coast, jungles, abundant wildlife, rainforest, cloud forest, diverse flora, friendly locals and lively surf towns. It is also one of the homes of adventure tourism, making it a perfect get away for those wanting to explore this fantastic country in an active fashion. This trip has a good blend of zip lining, cycling, rafting and walking as well as leisure days to spend as you like, or simply relax and enjoy wonderful Costa Rica.
11 days | Guided | From £1,399
Explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica on this active adventure
- The thrill of ziplining over 11 waterfalls
- Dazzling wildlife
- Mountain biking at the foot of Arenal Volcano
- Rafting on the Pacuare River
- Relax on the beach
Leaving San Jose we head for Tajo de Miramar Adventure Park for a fantastic and unique experience of a zip line tour over 11 waterfalls. The following day, we get on the river for an exhilerating white-water rafting trip through deep gorges in the heart of the jungle. The rapids are suitable for beginners. When we're not riding the rapids, look out for monkeys, scarlet macaws and maybe even an ocelot amongst the dense foliage. From here we take a scenic drive to Cahuita National Park where you can chose from an array of activities at the lodge, or simply relax and enjoy your surroundings.
Continue on to Sarapiqui for a pleasant walk in the forest and then on to Arenal Volcano. We explore the National Park and rainforest in the backdrop of the majestic volcano on a mountain biking trip riding on quiet lanes and cycle tracks. This area has so much to do that we will spend to nights here to allow for a canyon tour in the rainforest.
To round off this wonderfully varied trip, we spend the final two nights at Panama beach enjoying the enjoy the sun-kissed tropical waters of the Pacific Ocean. Sublime.
- Day 1 Depart UK, Arrive San Jose
- Depart UK on a flight which arrives in San Jose today also. Rendezvous at the group hotel in San Jose for a pre-trip briefing in the evening.
- Day 2 Zip lining
- Today we have a adventure like no other as we take a zip line tour passing over 11 waterfalls and tropical rainforest.
- Day 3 Pacuare River Rafting
- A fun day out rafting on the beautiful Pacuare River. With whitewater thrills and heading down through wild jungle gorges, we can also hope to see an array of wildlife on our journey. Adrenalised we continue to our lodge in Turrialba.
- Day 4 Cahuita National Park
- Enjoy a scenic drive to this stunning national park nestled on the Carribean coastline. After spending some time exploring, continue to Banantito to our lovely lodge.
- Day 5 At lesiure / optional activities
- Today is a free day to spend as you like. You can relax at the lodge and enjoy the beautiful surroundings, or if you have a zest for more activitiy, you can choose from a variety of activities at the lodge.
- Day 6 Sarapiqui
- Another scenic drive makes the travelling on this trip a pleasure. We arrive at Le Tirimbina Rainforest Centre where we can enjoy birdwatching and the views as we cross one of Costa Rica's largest hanging bridge.
- Day 7 Free morning, drive to Arenal
- This morning is free again for you to spend as you like. Many will appreciate relaxing with the sounds of the birds in the trees and the pretty scenery, while others might wish to choose from a variety of activities such as rappelling or a chocolate tour. Later today drive to the famous volcanic area of Arenal.
- Day 8 Cycle Rincon de la Vieja National Park
- An easy, flat ride thorugh the Arenal Park where you can enjoy the perspective of the Arenal Volcano in the background. There's even the opportunity for a refreshing swim in the glistening water of Lake Arenal.
- Day 9 Canyoning and onto Panama Beach
- This morning we have another exciting activity canyonging in the National Park followed by white water tubing. Then we continue to our last detination, Tamarindo Beach.
- Day 10 At leisure
- Free day to relax at the beach, enjoy a swim in the Pacific Ocean, utilise the hotel's facilities, wonder round the town or even try a surfing lesson (at own expense).
- Day 11 Depart Costa Rica
- Sadly this wonderful adventure has come to its end. Flights should be booked to depart from Liberia Airport.
- Day 12 Arrive UK
- Flights arrive back in the UK today.
- 'At a Glance' trip features : Rafting, overland travel, walking, wildlife, culture, sightseeing, forest canopy activities, mountain biking
- Trip Code: ACRA
- Physical Grade: B - Moderate
- Adventure Grade: B
- Group Size (Min - Max) : 4 - 12
- Accommodation : Hotel x 4, Lodge x 5, Tented camp
- Meals : 10 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 4 evening meals incl
- Overseas joining point : Group hotel in San Jose